Fresh Ink works primarily from an open submission process. During the submission period, we will accept up to 40 scripts for consideration. The submission window will close once all 40 slots have been filled so submit early! Out of the pool of scripts we receive, two plays will be selected for a staged reading and two or three plays will be selected for a development cycle that includes a reading, workshop, and production over the course of the season. You can read more about this process at our FAQ page.
The submission period for the 2017/2018 season is now closed. Our 40 script limit has been reached, and we are unable to accept additional submissions.
Thank you to the playwrights who sent us their work! We will be making our selections in the spring and all writers will be notified of the status of their submission. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Submission and Eligibility Requirements
- You must be at least 18 years of age and a current, full-time resident of MA, CT, ME, NH, RI, or VT, and if selected, should remain so for the duration of the Fresh Ink process.
- Your play must be full length.
- Your play cannot have had a professional production. Previous readings, workshops, or academic productions are allowed.
- We cannot currently accept musicals or children's shows at this time.
- You may submit an original or adapted work, provided the rights to any material not in the public domain have been granted in writing and a copy of the release is sent along with the script.
- A writer may submit only one play each year.
- No incomplete submissions will be accepted.
- Please ensure your script has page numbers.
- Please title your script file ("Save As") in the following format: TITLE OF PLAY - Last Name, First Name
- Please save your script and completed submission form as PDF files and send them as two separate documents. Attach both documents to the same email please.
***All scripts must follow the guidelines above to be accepted and considered for our development cycle.***
You can view additional submission information on our FAQ page.
Send submissions or questions to:
Jessie Baxter, Literary Director